Monday, July 11, 2011

More fun fishing

Saturday marked a day of fun fishing with Mark whom I met last year as I was lucky enough to draw mark for the state tournament on lake Minnetonka – he was up to his dirty tricks again of the deep. Mark is a connoisseur of fishing the deep rock on metro lakes, he is truly the Jigaissance man . He has been learning the tips and trick of it for years and it is definitely his strength. I learned much by watching – things that will help me as the years go on. He about has the fish tied up on this particular lake as he knew exact what land marks to cast and where to hold the boat – the action started slow as My first fish of the day was this slaunchy 5lb walleye ate the football jig. Mark said that was to be expected as the fish didn’t really turn on til after 9 he thought. And in fact it was at 9 we boated the first 4lber of the day shortly after catching the 4lber pictured I caught one more that was right at the 4lber mark as well – But promised mark I wouldn’t make him take another picture unless is was over 5.. Long story short we caught several fish all day and the smallest was a little over 2lbs – our best 5 together would have been somewhere around 18. I tried to make those rock fish eat a crankbait and I finally got one that was over 5 in fact it was about 12lbs so I made Mark snap one more picture. A great day of fishing it had quality fish and quality company.




No comments:

Post a Comment