Thursday, January 26, 2012

been a while

It has been a while since a blogged but I just wanted to let anyone that may be following that I am still out here – I might be doing less blogging for a while as the wife has gone back to school and therefore I have gotten reacquainted with the washing machines in the house. This doesn’t leave a lot of time for frilly things like blogging but I will throw things up here from time to time. Below is the club schedule and my thoughts on each event.




May 19 – Pools 5 and 5a Mississippi River – I personally like the river and I feel like every other year we can have a riverish type of year on the calendar. So this year is one of those riverish types of years where we go there 3 times – but it is all good because overall it saves us money as anglers – and I am all about that. As far as this event – I am not sure how things will play out this spring – it could be a wack fest as we have had virtually no snow and what we have had is melting slowly. I expect most of our club will fish this event and some solid weights will be caught – I won’t be happy until I stick 20lbs then I might have a chance.



June 16 – Pool 4 Mississippi River – It will be fun again to do a river event – I have had very little experience in the month of June on the river – Probably because our club usually goes somewhere else for the June tourney and that is where I focus my efforts. However I imagine most fish will be far from spawning and will start heading to summer places depending on flow and heat – also the frog might start to play and that fun.



July 16 – Prior lake – I have never sampled the waters of prior – I imagine it will fish like many metro lakes with weedlines being the key as well as maybe some docks playing a role at times… I like new lakes and this one should be fun as rumor has it that Prior will throw you the occasional toad.



August 13th – Waconia – This lake has always been good to me but to really honest it is not my favorite – sure it is fun to figure them out and go and wack them and you always have a chance for a true toad on Waconia but it is boring to pitch a texas rig all day and I think that is what has won it most of the time on that lake … at least for our club this time of year.



September 22-23 – club 2 dayer – TBD - my guess is we will be going to 2013 state waters unless it is the river then we might chose somwhere else.



October 13 – Pool 6 Mississippi river – I am probably most excited about this one because the river is on fire every year in the fall – it would be fine with me if we fished the first and the last tourney each year on the river. I hope the smallies are rockin spooks by this time of year still as that is an absolute blast to catch them that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment