Monday, March 7, 2011

ZVBM Schedule

Pools 7-8 – Pretty pumped about this one – Of course we may have some huge floods this spring it could make it tough but I feel like I have chance on the river especially these pools as many of our guys have only fished there when our club goes there – I feel like I learned quite a bit last spring on the river and have a decent clue of what to look for on the river in the spring. I am most likely going to try and target smallies because they grow big on the ol Miss and this time of year they are vulnerable and easy to get to bite if you can find them.

June 18 big marine – Kind of excited about this one – but pull out the spinning gear – my guess is everything will be post spawn and be relating to weed edges – I expect d.shots and jig worms to play key in this one but I will see if I can catchem turning the handle as well – probably will take 12-13 to win it with a mythical 15.

July 18 – Medicine – this one is an up and coming tourney lake for clubbers – it has been getting attention from many locals the last few years as being a lake with some slobs and the word has gotten out. I expect it to be pushing high teens for weights and probably off shore. (after last week’s club meeting there is talks of switching this tourney with Clearwater which wouldn’t hurt my feelings as I am not really looking forward to hitting up Clearwater in the fall – not that the fishing can’t be good but this lake will get plenty of duckin pressure and I know we will be driving home in the dark if we wait til fall to fish this one.

Aug 15 – Tonka – I would love to be able to fish this one as I think I could be a contender on Tonka after being shown a few things last year at state. This one will be one deep and could even be won crankin but I assure you a dock fish or two will be weighed in as well. A great time of year for Tonka

Fish hook – long – Really excited that I our club is going to these lakes as I have quite a bit of experience on them and like to fish them both. This is also over my birthday so I should do really good right?? I look forward to these events to say they least (UPDATE : Just found out that I have a wedding I will be in attendance on Saturday night – so the twodayer is not looking so good right now)

Clearwater – I have always wanted to fish this lake but now this will give me good reason to. I have seen the weights the last couple years and they are on the rise – I hope I can figure something out as it is a pretty big piece of water – we shall see – I have no preconceive thoughts or notions for this lake. I do know that if our club sticks with their decision to fish it in the fall that many of the reed points will be covered in duck hunters and that means some prime shorelines will be covered up until about 10. I am happy we are fishing it but I wish we would have done it on a year where gas is not suppose to be 5 dollars a gallon!!!

for all the results as the year goes on click here

No comments:

Post a Comment