Tuesday, April 26, 2011

River report

Made it down for a day on the water last Monday and fishing was ok – started out in some back water areas in the winona area – only to have come up with 2 baby ones by lunch – then time for a move – off to the lacrosse area – where I have a tourney in a couple weeks to start poking my nose in places. What I found most surprising was not the high water (which was to be expected) but was the clarity – even though the water was high I could see my lure 2-3 feed down and for the river that is amazing clarity this was not on the main channel of course this was in the back waters. I found a few fish that were willing to bit and they weren’t bad sized either. I think things are just a few warm days from being an onslaught of a slaughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment